"The whole trouble is that -- literally -- we do not know what is good for us; and what makes the trouble still worse is that we think we do. We have our own plans for our happiness, and too often we merely regard God as somebody who will help us to accomplish them. The true state of affairs is just the opposite. God has His plans for our happiness, and He is waiting for us to help Him to accomplish them. And let us be quite clear about it: We cannot improve on God's plans." This Tremendous Lover, M. Eugene Boylan, O.C.R.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Feast of the Ascension

I can't believe how quickly this Easter season has gone for me! This Thursday is the Feast of the Ascension, and I wanted to share with you the craft I've prepared for this Sunday's class, plus a few other links that I really liked!

For this craft, you just need the two pages that I have for you to print out, string, and a wire coat hanger. (I always have a ton of extras from the dry cleaning!)


To start out, take your hanger and pull down the bottom bar to elongate the shape. Use the twine or tape to secure each piece to the hanger.


You can print out this image of Christ HERE.


I tied string to one end of the hanger, "thread" the clouds through the string, then tied them to the other side.


You can print this scripture, as well as the clouds HERE.

I also found this website, from the religious education department of St. John the Baptist Church, which has a free printable coloring page for the Ascension.

And of course, my favorite Catholic-crafty blog has a few other links up as well HERE.

Happy crafting, happy celebrating this beautiful Feast of our Lord this week!

Christ is Risen! He is Truly Risen!

First Friday Link Up


I'm linked up over at Catholic Icing...be sure to check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,I'm here from Catholic Icing. Love your invention today. nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm a huge Catholic Icing fan myself! Nice to meet you as well, my daughter's confirmation saint is St. Therese as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just visiting from the "First Friday" linkup at Catholic Icing. I like your Ascension craft. I made one with my children, as well. I got the idea from Lacey's post and tried to duplicate the one that she photographed from Oriental Trading. It was much more fun to make it ourselves. :-)
    God bless,
    Lisa
    http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved it! Thank you for sharing, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete